Stolen off of random blog.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Went sledding for the first time, had my first Christmas without my Hilo family, tried blueberries, moved to Arizona, started grad school, Skyped, T.A.'d, golfed.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No, i still had a few ciggs and still bite my nails and still get stressed. These will be forwarded on to the next year. Oh, I will be adding to get better at snowboarding as a semi-resolution (idk if that really counts).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Kami, but I was probably the last person to find out.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? None. Sadly.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Less stress and more free time.
7. What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 4, 2008. Viva Obama!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my B.A. finally.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Almost cut off the top of my thumb with Robin's sharp knives.
10. What was the best thing you bought? A vacuum.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Barack Obama.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? W. & Sarah Palin. Duh.
13. Where did most of your money go? Rent & utilities. Eating out. Also Campus Coffee Bean.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going back to Oregon for Christmas break to see old friends and family.
15. What song will always remind you of 2008? Sleepyhead Passion Pit. Wow Kylie Minogue. Heartbeats The Knife.
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: Wiser? Hopefully. Healthier: Yes, I cut out chickens, cows and pigs. Richer? Sukoshi.
17. What do you wish you'd done more of? Relaxing. Sleeping.
18. What do you wish you'd done less of? Stressing. Eating.
19. How did you spend Christmas? In Bend, Oregon with the Miller Clan. Very mellow and relaxing. Slept and ate a bunch. Long live Super Burrito!
20. Did you fall in love in 2008? Greg always.
21. What was your favorite TV program? The Office.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Not especially. Bill O'Reilly maybe...definitely!
23. What was the best book you read? Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? MGMT
25. What did you want and get? Grad school.
26. What did you want and not get? A pet. I think I ask Greg for a cat/dog at least three times a week for the past three months. I'm sure it's getting old for him.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Horror: The Strangers
Action: Dark Knight
Comedy: Forgetting Sarah Marshall ("And if I see Van Helsing, I swear to the lord I'll slay him!", "6 to midnight," etc.) & Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 23, went to the Pepper concert at the Orpheum.
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most? Jam (The Office's Pam + Jim's celebrity couple name). Dominates Bradgelina or whatev anyday.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Lazy.
31. What kept you sane? Greg. Sudoku. Movies.
32. Who do you miss? A whole mess of people right now.
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. In grad school, there's a good chance that whenever you feel overwhelmed and stressed, at least one other person (at the very least) feels the same way. I take comfort in this.
34. What did you gain this year? Books galore.
35. What did you lose this year? My NAU ID card.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Angelica Rockquemore
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours, they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor." 2Pac