Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CHANGE IS HERE!

Barack Obama was elected last night as America's first African-American president! Obama has clearly shown that he is the right man for the job. He has handled this election with grace and has practical solutions for America's maladies. Greg and I celebrated the night in downtown Flagstaff at the Orpheum Theater, which was having an Obama Victory Party (i love that it was called this before his win was broadcasted), and it was so awesome being surrounded by other hopeful, enthusiastic people who are ready for a change in the White House. I have never cried so many tears of joy. It was the first time that I saw so many people be this emotional over an election. To add to it, celebrations were being held all around the globe. Not only are majority of Americans behind Obama, but many citizens from around the world. For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful of the future and proud to be an American. I am so glad McCain didn't get elected because I would've had to high-tail it out of here and I don't even have a passport. Thank you Americans for sparing me the disappointment and for showing the world that we are ready for change!

No comments: